Old Shit

Saturday, April 30, 2011

Pre-Race Thoughts

My first race is today.  If it had been last year, at this time, my confidence, especially for such a short race would be much higher.  I was in better shape then, and my asthma wasn't a problem, and hadn't been for years.

How things can change so quickly.  A camping trip ruining my routine, followed by other things serving to stop me from exercising and pinning me back to my old ways hit so quickly and rapidly I lost all motivation within a few months and by the fall of 2010 I was eating like I was in high school, fast food nearly daily. 

Having started all over again on living the way I know I should, I shouldn't be racing so soon.  But when the sign up list at work went up, I couldn't resist.  And so here I am, at seven in the morning, about to head out and try and complete this race in a reasonable fashion.

I would write more, but I have to leave.

No comments:

Post a Comment