Old Shit

Saturday, April 30, 2011

Post-race post

Just finished.  I got there before anyone in my group did and was therefore the only one to get a shirt before they ran out (that isn't quite true, the smallest of the group and my running partner for the race got an XXL shirt that looked pretty ridiculous).  So, as people were lining up to race, I was still searching for my group, and thankfully, found them a few minutes before the race started.  This is when the aforementioned tiny lady volunteered to run with me for the race, so I didn't have to be the only one of the group running.

I am, I found out, still not up to running a 5k, at least not on the level I could have last year.  And due to the floods, they had to remap the course and it ended up being up a lot of hills (to avoid the flood water downhill) so that made it pretty tough as well.  We did run most of it, stopping for short breathers and for me to puff on my inhaler, but still, we finished fifteen minutes before the rest of the group did.  My feet hurt pretty bad, from all the downhill running and putting all that pressure on my feet without the proper technique, but still, it went pretty well over all.

No comments:

Post a Comment