Old Shit

Monday, August 22, 2011

Surprise! Open mic tomorrow

When I first moved here, I sent emails to most of the places that held open mics.  I received emails back from almost all of those people.  One I didn't get a response from was the Laughing Skull, probably the top comedy club in Atlanta.  Today, I received that email, with a list of shows one could sign up for.  Tomorrow and Wednesday were marked with "Really need people", and being eager to get on stage as quickly as possible, I signed up.

Could be a mistake, but oh well.  I would have been happy, but this has me worried:

Open Mic at The Laughing Skull is unique, and intimate.  It’s your responsibility as a performer to bring people to the show.  If you are a new performer, rounding up a group of friends to attend your show is easy, if you don’t, your chances of performing here are slim.  The success of the show, and your reputation in the Atlanta Comedy Scene relies on this, so please promote your performance.

Easy when all of your friends don't live eight hours away.  So there it is.  A problem I don't know how to solve.  Hopefully my "reputation in the Atlanta Comedy Scene" won't suffer too much from tomorrow.

Eh, whatever.  Good luck to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment